Respite for Grandparents and Adventures for Grandchildren!
Grandparents Raising Grandchildren Trust NZ is a referral agency for Stand's KidzaCool Adventures Holiday Programmes. These are wonderful opportunities and experiences for grandchildren in grandparent care and provide a welcome respite for their caregivers.
2023 CAMP Dates
Stand Tu Maia has advised us that Camps are being held on the following dates and in the following regions:
Please note: Please have referrals in ASAP as positions fill quickly. For a referral and link to the application form please contact us on FREE call 0800 GRANDS (0800 472 637) or email us ASAP.
Stand - A World of Strong Children
July 3rd – 7th 2023 (Whangarei, Auckland, Rotorua, East Coast, Christchurch)
- Northland (Whangarei)
- Midland (Rotorua)
- East Coast (Gisborne)
- Christchurch Villages
offers KidzaCool Adventures Holiday Programme
The Government's Fresh Start package announced in August 2009 included a school holiday camp programme designed to offer a break for as many caregivers as possible each year.
These school holiday programmes are offered free of charge for children between 5 -12 years of age who do not live with their biological or adoptive parents, and who have been cared for by foster/kin/whãnau carers for at least 12 months.
They also accept applications for 5-12 years olds if they are part of a sibling group attending.
These programmes usually run from Monday to Friday (not Statutory Holidays) during School Holidays. They start on the Monday at 10am and finish on the Friday by 3pm.
Those children who have previously attended a KidzaCool Adventures programme may apply to attend again, however in order to ensure all caregivers have the opportunity for a break, first time applicants will receive priority for placements. Any remaining places may be offered for a second stay opportunity.
How to Apply
- To apply, you must have had a child in your care for 12 months or more and you must not be the biological or adoptive parents of the child.
- Applications generally close four weeks prior to the holiday programme start date. Those who can't be placed at the time will be held on Stand's waitlist for later programmes during the year or the following year.
- Children who have previously attended a KidzaCool Adventures programme may apply for another stay however, Stand endeavours to prioritise first time applicants and those who have high needs for a break. Any remaining places may then be offered to return stay applicants.
- If you are a member of GRG we can support your application. Please note Grandparents Raising Grandchildren Trust NZ as your referring Agency on the application form.
- Get those applications in quickly folks for the next school holidays.
- For further questions please check out Stand's FAQs or telephone them on one of the telephone numbers below.
- You can download an application form on Stand's website or phone them for one if unable to do this.
, Phone 09 437 9050
, Phone 09 534 4017
, Phone 07 345 9097
East Coast Region,
Phone 06 867 5614
, Phone 03 332 2541