The following mental health, family violence and sexual violence services, agencies and helplines are all essential services agencies able to provide support during the current Alert Levels.
Note: If you are in an environment where you feel you are unsafe or at risk due to violence in the home please seek help immediately.
- You can report domestic and/or sexual abuse to a doctor or a healthcare professional.
- If you think someone could be harmed or may harm themselves, call the Police on 111, even if you’re not sure.
Support is also available from the following services:
- Safe to Talk/Kōrero Mai Ka Ora 24/7 Sexual Harm Helpline: 0800 044 334 or text 4334
- Family Violence Information Line: 0800 456 450 (available 9.00am -11.00pm daily)
- 1737 – Free call or text 1737 any time for support from a trained counsellor
- All Right? is a health-promoting social marketing campaign helping to normalise conversations around wellbeing and mental health.
- Triskele Assessment & Therapy Services (TATS) Phone: 07 838 3696 Click for their brochure
TATS is a multidisciplinary psychology and rehabilitation therapy practice in the Waikato – North and South, South Auckland, Waiuku, King Country, Waipa District, Thames-Coromandel and the Bay of Plenty. They offer a full range of psychological, mental health and rehabilitation service specialising in the assessment and treatment of emotional, cognitive and behavioural difficulties. TATS are continuing to connect with their clients over the lockdown through telehealth services. They also continue to receive referrals through the PHO's, GPs, and ACC and so are able to support families through this very stressful time. They also have connections with other community based support agencies and have a holistic client centred approach to ensure that the child and family's needs are identified and appropriate services accessed in a timely manner to support.